Uncharted Philippines is an adventure travel company that provides people with organized trips to extraordinary locations that are untouched by mass tourism. In these "uncharted" places, we let travelers experience raw and spectacular nature, immerse themselves in preserved cultures, engage in unique and exciting activities and feel the exhilaration of life and discovery that is found only off the beaten tourist track. We are already recognized as the best adventure travel company in the Philippines and we look to similarly establish ourselves in other exotic destinations.
We value unspoiled nature above all else and are eager to work with people and organizations who have this priority.
Partnership & Collaboration
If you are a travel agent who wishes to sell our trips, please send an email to Cami Sarmiento at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a tour operator who wishes to outsource your operations to us, please contact Leo Cuesta at email@example.com.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your résumé and cover letter to Leo Cuesta at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Manila, Philippines
- Guide clients through trips
- Work with operations manager to make all necessary arrangements for trips
- Do research to learn more about trip destinations (trivia, points of interest)
- Make recommendations to improve trip operations
Key Result Areas
- Added value to customers as trip leader – must give clients an elevated trip experience that wouldn't be possible without a trip leader (e.g. information on history and ecology of places, local flavor, etc.)
- Client care – must ensure enjoyment and comfort of client (e.g. assist during difficult activities; attend to unforeseen needs, emergencies or special requests; always keep clients occupied with activities or conversation)
- Smooth trip execution – no hitches with suppliers; incident management
Qualifications / Experience
- Speaks excellent English; knowledge of a Filipino language other than Tagalog an advantage
- Has traveled extensively in the Philippines
- Physically fit
- Proficient in outdoor adventure activities (trekking, camping and skin diving required; sea kayaking, climbing and diving an advantage)
Compensation & Benefits
- PHP 1,200 to PHP 2,000+ per day of guiding (depending on leader qualification / experience and trip difficulty) plus food allowance. Trip expenses are shouldered by the company.
- Paid travel and training